Date:      Thu, 13 Apr 2006 19:14:49 +0200
From:      Alex Dupre <ale@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Anish Mistry <mistry.7@osu.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Preliminary HPLIP port (HP Printers)

Anish Mistry wrote:
> I've got a preliminary version of hplip ported.

That's great.

> 5) You MUST start the services in the following order
> /usr/local/etc/rc.d/hpiod start && /usr/local/etc/rc.d/hpssd start
> && /usr/local/etc/rc.d/cupsd start
> 5) Run hp-setup and follow the prompts.

I have a problem, the printer is not detected (I have a DeskJet 930C
attached via USB). When I run hp-setup, in the syslog I see:

python: hpssd [WARN] Inrecognized URI: usb:/dev/ulpt0
python:  [ERROR] No devices found.
python:  [ERROR] Error occured during interactive mode. Exiting.

--
Alex Dupre