Date:      Sat, 10 Jun 2006 10:28:07 -0700
From:      Peter Losher <Peter_Losher@isc.org>
To:        boris@tagnet.ru
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: net/quagga

--------------enig23348D6A126417F0CDDD6E8C

Hello Boris,

First off, thanks for maintaining the FreeBSD port of quagga; I noticed
the change recently to move the quagga.sh script from /etc/rc.d to
/usr/local/etc/rc.d.  However, I have seen the side effect (on 5.x, I
haven't tested this on 6.1 yet) where now quagga starts at the end of
the boot sequence instead of during network setup (which then breaks all
the network daemons that also setup during the boot sequence)

-=3D-
Starting apache2.
httpd: Could not determine the server's fully qualified domain name,
using 127.0.0.1 for ServerName
Starting openssh.
Starting postgrey.
Starting quagga.
Starting quagga.
Starting quagga.
=2E
Additional TCP options:.
Starting inetd.

Sat Jun 10 00:50:04 UTC 2006
-=3D-

If I move that same script back into /etc/rc.d, quagga startup is back
to normal:

-=3D-
Firewall rules loaded, starting divert daemons:.
net.inet.ip.fw.enable: 1 -> 1
Additional routing options:.
Starting quagga.
Starting quagga.
Starting quagga.
add net ::ffff:0.0.0.0: gateway ::1
add net ::0.0.0.0: gateway ::1
net.inet6.ip6.forwarding: 0 -> 0
-=3D-

Is there any way to tell the quagga.sh script when it's in
local/etc/rc.d to run at network setup instead of at the end?

Best Wishes - Peter
--=20
Peter_Losher@isc.org | ISC | OpenPGP 0xE8048D08 | "The bits must flow"