Date:      Sat, 10 Jun 2006 19:40:41 +0200
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Bj=F6rn_K=F6nig?= <bkoenig@cs.tu-berlin.de>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   unmounting a filesystem safely that doesn't exist anymore

Hello,

I did a mistake: I unplugged my digital camera accidentally before I
unmounted the filesystem. *doh* This happens very often, because I'm
very scatterbrained. =) The kernel will panic and all filesystems remain
unclean in any case now. I know that this is a well know issue and in
past discussions you stated that this behaviour is intended and won't be
changed ad hoc. I just want to know if somebody knows a workaround or
small trick that prevents the other filesystems from being unclean on
next boot-up.

Regards
Björn