Date:      Tue, 25 Jul 2006 08:44:06 +0200
From:      Erik Norgaard <norgaard@locolomo.org>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   How to use kernel modules from CURRENT on STABLE

Hi:

I have had some problems, it seems that the drivers in -STABLE does not
support my hardware fully. So I want to try out drivers on -CURRENT
without switching the whole system up to current.

What is the best way to do this?

- checkout current and copy the relevant source into the stable source
   tree?
- checkout and compile -CURRENT kernel and then copy relevant kernel
   modules?
- or won't work at all? problems with linking? other?

It appears that most modules don't have a separate make file, how do I
compile just the module in question?

Thanks, Erik
--
Ph: +34.666334818                      web: http://www.locolomo.org