Date:      Mon, 07 Aug 2006 00:35:50 +0200
From:      "[LoN]Kamikaze" <LoN_Kamikaze@gmx.de>
To:        Frank Jahnke <jahnke@sonatabio.com>,  freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Acrobat - linuxpluginwrapper broken again?

Frank Jahnke wrote:
> I updated Acroread to version 7.0.8 from the earlier 7.0.x along with
> Gnome and many other things.  After I finished, Acroread would no longer
> work in linuxpluginwrapper -- it would not be recognized as a plugin in
> either Firefox or Epiphany.  I updated libmap.conf to point to the right
> places, the files exist and with the right permissions.  I tried it both
> with symlinks and direct links to nppdf.so and there was no difference
> (not surprising).
>
> Did this break again?  I note that nppdf.so has not been updated.
>
> The good news is Acroread now works with linux-opera, which is new at
> least for me.  It also works fine from the command line.
>
> The system is 6.1-R-p3/Gnome 2.14.3.
>
> Frank

The same for me:
# firefox about:plugins
LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library /usr/X11R6/Adobe/Acrobat7.0/ENU/Browser/intellinux/nppdf.so [/usr/X11R6/Adobe/Acrobat7.0/ENU/Browser/intellinux/nppdf.so: Undefined symbol "__ctype_b_loc"]
LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library /usr/local/lib/npapi/linux-flashplugin/libflashplayer.so [Shared object "libpthread.so.0" not found, required by "libflashplayer.so"]

as for the Flash Player error, the file
/compat/linux/lib/libpthread.so.0 exists.

I'm running Releng_6 (last buildworld buildkernel one week ago) and
do a 'portupgrade -a' daily, so all packages are up to date.