Date:      Sun, 03 Sep 2006 17:56:51 +0200
From:      Pieter de Boer <pieter@thedarkside.nl>
To:        Maslan <maslanbsd@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ARP Spoofing

Maslan wrote:

> I was trying to find a solution to ARP Spoofing on my local network,
> i've tried to use IPSTEALTH option, but this didn't help.
> Is there is any solution for preventing the ARP Spoofing inside the
> kernel such as in the tcp/ip layer or in the ethernet driver itself.
> i'm sorry if its not the correct mailinglist.
You can use static arp entries on all the involved hosts/routers, to
hardwire a MAC-address to an IP-address. This can be done with 'arp -s
<ip address> <mac address>' on FreeBSD. Such static arp entries will not
be overridden by incoming arp replies and will ensure that outgoing IP
packets are sent to the right mac address.

--
Pieter