Date:      Thu, 04 Jan 2007 11:47:37 +0000
From:      Florent Thoumie <flz@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Yong-Jhen Hong <yongjhen@fastmailbox.net>
Cc:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org, Kevin Downey <redchin@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: Error activiating XKB configuration

--------------enig5392D5BF2D43D6EF7825026B

Yong-Jhen Hong wrote:
> Kevin Downey wrote:
>> After installing modular Xorg I have started to get error messages
>> from gnome when I start X
>> http://thelastcitadel.com/images/Screenshot-gnome-settings-daemon.png
>> I have reinstalled libxklavier,xkbcomp,xmodmap and libxkbfile. Error
>> is still with me. I pulled down un update of  the tree and upgrade
>> xorg-servers and xorg-drivers, still here.  Should I take this to
>> gnome@freebsd ?
>>
>=20
> I think it is because setxkbmap is not updated yet.
> Maybe you can try the attached patch now.

I committed a similar fix (which actually didn't fix the issue).

I just updated locally libxklavier to 3.1 and I don't get the error
message anymore but I get another one (which closes instantly so I can't
read what it's about).

I can't switch back to VT anyway, this is probably a different issue.

--=20
Florent Thoumie
flz@FreeBSD.org
FreeBSD Committer