Date:      Tue, 06 Mar 2007 16:53:44 +0100
From:      Dennis Berger <db@nipsi.de>
To:        bug-followup@FreeBSD.org,  dzs-pr@dzs.fx.org,  freebsd-geom@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: kern/104389: [geom] [patch] sys/geom/geom_dump.c doesn't encode XML entities

Hi,
today I tried PJDs ZFS patches. After invoking zpool create I always got
a coredump.
After further debugging I recognized gstat isn't working either, which
seems to be because of an NTFS partition with a certain name not
correctly encoded as XML specification requires. Its the German "Lokaler
Datenträger" which is the defaultname for drive "c". So we have to deal
with those characters. I'm voting against encoding specification or
something like that, but I do recommend using the escape method. For
example using "&#e4;"  for encoding E4 german ä and &#60; for a "<"
character. This way we can escape all illegal characters.
What do you suggest?
regards,
-Dennis Berger