Date:      Wed, 10 Apr 2013 19:39:31 +0000
From:      Chris Forgeron <cforgeron@acsi.ca>
To:        "freebsd-stable@freebsd.org" <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   kern/165903: mbuf leak

Hello,

 I've updated the PR on this via bug track email (hopefully, it bounced my =
first email) , but I thought I should bring it to the attention of the list=
 as it's still happening, and the original PR was from March 2012.

 The PR is here: http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=3D165903&cat=3D

 I am experiencing the same mbuf leak on fresh 9.1-RELEASE machines (AMD64)=
. Most of my machines are ESXi 5.1 VM's running the e1000 (em0) NIC. This V=
M is stock, just one freebsd-update done, nothing custom.

 I have also experienced this condition on an older 9.0-STABLE from Jul 1st=
 2012. I did not notice it much before that date, but I can't tell for sure=
. I have a few machines on that build that I still use, so confirmation was=
 easy.

 I do not experience the error if I load up vmware tools and use the vmx3f0=
 adapter, it's just with em0.

 I have set the mbufs to very high numbers (322144) to buy more time betwee=
n lockups/crashes. Most often the systems stay functional, they just need a=
 reboot or more mbufs if I add them. Some times they lock up or crash as I =
ifconfig down/up the adapter or attempt to add more mbufs via sysctl.

 1) Is anyone else able to reproduce this problem? The PR is still open, wh=
ich says to me not all of us can be having this problem or there would be m=
ore drive to fix.
 2) What do I need to help with to advance this problem? It's not just my s=
ystems, as evidenced by the original poster of the PR.

Thanks.