Date:      Fri, 19 Oct 2007 16:47:20 +0200
From:      Frank Staals <frankstaals@gmx.net>
To:        jahnke@sonatabio.com
Cc:        punosevac@math.arizona.edu, questions@freebsd.org, aryeh.friedman@gmail.com
Subject:   Re: best way to run vista inside freebsd

Frank Jahnke wrote:
> VMs in general are a problem on Free. There is an effort to port the
> most recent VMware Workstation by a very good man.  I do hope this
> works, because right now things in the VM world on FreeBSD truly are
> bleak.
>
> Frank

What is the status of that project if I may ask ? I did some research on
it some time ago but the best I could find was that there was someone
porting vmware-workstation 4.5.X to FreeBSD allthough there were quite a
lot problems so there wasn't much progress it seemed.

Anyway; VM's and FreeBSD don't go well indeed :( vmware3 is just
outdated, it won't work as Xen host (yet;  .. it was on the SoC list,
but I'm not sure how much has become of it ) and qemu is a nice attempt
but it's just not good enough ( especially since kqemu locks up my
system in CURRENT ). It would be great if FreeBSD could be a VM-host.

--
-Frank Staals