Date:      Wed, 26 Dec 2007 13:31:00 -0800
From:      Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   In cairo, implicit depenencies on librsvg2 and/or poppler?

I was doing some stale ports cleanup recently and deleted a bunch of
stuff that didn't seem to be needed, including librsvg2 and poppler.
Deleting the former caused several of my applications to no longer be
able to display svg images. I tracked the problem down to the missing
librsvg2 of course, but only after carefully watching the configure
output of cairo and noticing that it gave a "can't use svg 'cuz you
don't have librsvg2" type message. It gives a similar message for
poppler, but AFAIK I don't actually need that.

So, short version is that you might want to add OPTIONS for those two
libs, and related explicit dependencies for them in the cairo Makefile.

hth,

Doug