Date:      Fri, 25 Jan 2008 22:32:19 -0500
From:      Josh Endries <jendries@pragmeta.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Well-supported SAS RAID card for 6.3?

Hello,

I'm buying a new server and will put 6.3 on it and would like to use SAS;
normally I use 3ware SATA. I've been reading a lot including man pages but can't
seem to find definitive information on SAS cards that are well-supported and
work well. I've found reports that cards listed in man pages don't seem to work,
and confusion about chips/cards. Does anyone have experience with recent SAS
cards or machines with integrated chips?

Thanks!