Date:      Sat, 23 Feb 2008 17:04:20 -0800
From:      Joe Kelsey <joe@zircon.seattle.wa.us>
To:        Tommy Pham <tommyhp2@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Java JDK 1.6p4 and Azureus

--- Daniel Engberg <diizzyy@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Hi,
>>
>> I browsed earlier archives and found someone who had similar issues.
>> What happens is that Azureus starts fine, adds torrents without any
>> errors, connects to a few peers/seeders and then idles. It doesnt
>> fetch
>> any pieces or gives any errors.
>> I've tried the diablo packages/ports (1.5 and 1.6) without any
>> success,
>> and the older patchset 3 with the same result. Does anyone know a
>> workaround? In case anyone is wondering I'm running the CLI/WebUI
>> interface(s).

Azureus experiences the typical Java problem.  I could not get anything
to happen for quite some time until I realized that the Java runtime was
spending all of its time waiting for something to happen in the IPv6
connections it was trying to open.  I had to completely remove IPv6 from
the kernel.  Once I did that, Azureus magically started working.

There is something major broken in the Java runtime hwich causes
everything to stop whenever you try to open an IPv6 connection.  Remove
IPV6 from the kernel, and everything works.  When and if you ever get
real IPv6 connections in your machine, things might actualy work.  For
now, just remove it and move on.

/Joe