Date:      Sun, 01 Jun 2008 20:30:52 -0700
From:      Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Edwin Groothuis <edwin@mavetju.org>
Cc:        freebsd-rc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Startup after named

Edwin Groothuis wrote:
> Hello,
>
> A certain port (net/freenet6) needs to be started up after the
> system is capable of doing DNS requests. That sounds like "REQUIRE:
> named".
>
> But what if the system doesn't have named enabled?
> What kind of require can I use for either named *or* networking?

REQUIRE is somewhat poorly named, as it implies that the feature must
be enabled to satisfy the requirement, which is not true. It would
more properly be called AFTER since it only applies to how rcorder
arranges the scripts to be run (and therefore tested to see if they
are enabled or not).

Without knowing the details of what you're working on, you can
probably just REQUIRE named.

hth,

Doug