Date:      Fri, 27 Mar 2009 10:31:43 +0200
From:      Andriy Gapon <avg@icyb.net.ua>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   EQ overflowing. The server is probably stuck in an infinite loop.

Rather infrequently but still regularly I get a strange problem with X
server. It doesn't redraw screen, it doesn't take keyboard input, I can
only very slowly move (hw) mouse pointer on the screen, but the clicks
do not go through. I can't switch to console VT, but I can shutdown the
system using power button. During shutdown the system reports a stuck
(unkillable) process.

This is what I found in Xorg.0.log.old after reboot after all the
"normal" messages.

Changing OV0_BASE_ADDR from 0xd8000000 to 0xdd400000
[mi] EQ overflowing. The server is probably stuck in an infinite loop.
[mi] mieqEnequeue: out-of-order valuator event; dropping.
[mi] EQ overflowing. The server is probably stuck in an infinite loop.
[mi] mieqEnequeue: out-of-order valuator event; dropping.
[... ad infinitum...]

Because there are no timestamps I am not sure when "Changing
OV0_BASE_ADDR" message happened relative to the "[mi]" messages.

Environment:
stable/7 i386 r189898
xorg-server-1.5.3_5,1
xf86-video-ati-6.11.0
RADEON(0): Chipset: "ATI Radeon 9250 5960 (AGP)" (ChipID = 0x5960)

I can provide full xorg.conf, Xorg.0.log and any other info that might
be relevant.

--
Andriy Gapon