Date:      Mon, 16 Nov 1998 09:09:06 +1000
From:      Stanley.Hopcroft@ipaustralia.gov.au
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Please help with sendmail-8.9.1/TIS smap/anti-spam

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am writing to ask your help with the anti-spam features of sendmail-8.9.1
when used witht he TIS smap product.

It seems to me that the FEATURE(access_db,..) does not work when sendmail
does not interact with the incoming SMTP connection (smap accepts the
connection, spools the mail and then feeds it to sendmail via STDIN).

 Is this correct ?

It also appears that  the sendmail-8.9.1 relay prevention fails to work in
this configuration.

I realise that this letter has absolutely nothing to do with FreeBSD but is
never the less, of interest to the lists readers.

If you can help me ensure that this server does not appear as the origin of
letters entitled "Psst wanna see some good pix?" I'll be very pleased and
thankfull.

Thank you,

Yours sincerely.