Date:      Tue, 14 Jul 2009 18:31:13 +0200
From:      Harald Schmalzbauer <h.schmalzbauer@omnilan.de>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   geom_label: gpt/labelname for gmirror provider?

--------------enigB59BFE9AF74F034F07147875

Hello,

first of all thank you very much for the gpt label support in=20
geom_label! This is really nice and makes disk partitioning well-arranged=
=2E

I tried to use the gbt/label as provider gor glabel, but that didn't=20
work. It looked as if gmirror wrote the label succesfully, but `gmirror=20
list` was empty. Just replacing gpt/label with ad4p2 worked as expected.
Is it impossible by design to use gpt/label as provider?

Thanks,

-Harry

P.S. Can I disable ufsid/UFSID and gptid/GPTID? I don't think I'll ever=20
use them since I create my own labels on both, GPs and UFSs. A sysctl or =

loader tunable whould be fine.