Date:      Tue, 15 Sep 2009 14:51:54 -0400
From:      Tom Uffner <tom@uffner.com>
To:        gaurav@subisu.net.np
Cc:        freebsd-pf@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Packet Filter alerting system.

Gaurav Ghimire wrote:
> Just curious to know if we have something, some alerting system or mechanism that provides the administrator with the daily reports that pf itself or some other
> tool collects on pf's behalf.
>
> That probably reports the admin of:
> ~ Total connection counts matched on each rulesets.
> ~ Total number of counts matched on deny rules.

/etc/periodic/security/520.pfdenied

it should be enabled by default if you haven't done anything unnatural to
the /etc/periodic system

 > ~ IP/Port attack logs and relatives.

only if you specify "log" in one or more of your pf rules, in which
case you will find it in /var/log/pflog, /var/log/pflog.?.bz2, and
/var/log/pf.{today,yesterday}

tom