Date:      Sun, 12 Mar 2017 16:54:07 -0400
From:      Mark Saad <nonesuch@longcount.org>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Mini sas forward/ reverse cables ?

All
  I read this post on zfs corruption and there is an interesting comment abo=
ut cable types .

http://changelog.complete.org/archives/9769-silent-data-corruption-is-real

I have a server that has a similar issue ; but due to its age I assumed data=
 corruption on the drives was a way of life . Disks get old motors burn out p=
arts fail etc.  Zfs protected my data but I swapped 4 disks out of 60 in the=
 last 18 months  . The part of the story I found interesting was how the dis=
ks didn't show up in the controller bios . I have that issue with a similar c=
ard on this server . So has anyone  ever seen this cabling issue ? Is it wor=
th changing? How do I know which cable I have ?=20

---
Mark Saad | nonesuch@longcount.org=