Date:      Wed, 26 Jan 2011 13:24:53 -0500
From:      Jacob Frelinger <jacob.frelinger@duke.edu>
To:        Alexander Best <arundel@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: odd regression in the linux emulator.

On 01/26/11 12:55, Alexander Best wrote:
> could you provide the output of 'pkg_info -E linux_dist\*' please?

[jolly@moku ~]$ pkg_info -E linux_dist\*
linux_dist-gentoo-stage3-20100622

> btw: i also experience the problem. newer versions of linux_dist come with
> linux binaries that make heavy use of futextes (even 'ls'). you should see
> a lot of futex warnings in 'dmesg -a'.

linux: pid 8416 (gmake): linux_sys_futex: op FUTEX_WAIT_BITSET not
implemented
linux: pid 8907 (ls): linux_sys_futex: op FUTEX_WAIT_BITSET not implemented
linux: pid 8908 (ls): linux_sys_futex: op FUTEX_WAIT_BITSET not implemented

yup.  got those.  I saw them before when everything was working though
so I assumed they weren't the problem...  ls generates them but seems to
work just fine.

I may try down porting linux_dist and seeing how that works...

> i believe the issue is with FUTEX_WAIT_BITSET. since it isn't that different
> from FUTEX_WAIT (which is already implemented), i've started to implement it.
> however i don't have a lot of time atm unfortunately.

Time seems to be a commodity in short supply for everyone.  I'm no
kernel hacker, but I'm happy to test patches, etc.

--
Jacob Frelinger
jacob.frelinger@duke.edu