Date:      Tue, 01 Mar 2011 14:05:32 -0800
From:      Erich Weiler <weiler@soe.ucsc.edu>
To:        "freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org" <freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: MFI driver issues

> Is there any way I can load MPS instead of MFI to manage my Perc H800
> LSI controller?  Maybe an rc.conf line to add or something?  I looked
> around for MPS documentation but couldn't find any as of yet.

Just for fun I tried building a custom kernel without MFI support, in an
attempt to force the MPS driver to recognize my devices, but was foiled
because my boot device (Perc 6i) needed MFI to work, so it wouldn't
boot.  So I reverted to my old kernel.

I guess it would be most useful if I could somehow force MFI to be used
on my boot disk as it is now, but use MPS on my 24 JBOD disks coming
from the Perc H800 SAS controller...?  They are JBOD because I have them
roped into a ZFS filesystem.