Date:      Wed, 15 Jun 2011 11:08:06 +0200
From:      Clemens Ladisch <clemens@ladisch.de>
To:        Olivier Smedts <olivier@gid0.org>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [uaudio] M-Audio Fast Track Ultra is not recognized, where to start ?

Olivier Smedts wrote:
> 2011/6/15 Olivier Smedts <olivier@gid0.org>:
> > I think "uaudio_mixer_fill_info: invalid Audio Control header" is interesting.

The audio control interface is marked as being vendor-specific, so you'd
have to add some quirks to the driver.

The control and audio interfaces actually have audio descriptors, so you
just have to tell the driver to look at the interfaces even though their
bInterfaceClass seems to be wrong.

The Linux driver overrides the audio interfaces' descriptors (see here:
<http://git.alsa-project.org/?p=alsa-kernel.git;a=blob;hb=HEAD;f=sound/usb/quirks-table.h#l1981>),
but I don't remember what the problem was, probably some wrong endpoint
attributes.

Regards,
Clemens