Date:      Tue, 28 Jun 2011 11:09:10 +0200
From:      Damien Fleuriot <ml@my.gd>
To:        freebsd-pf@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Reboot after start pf on ALIX board

On 6/27/11 11:34 PM, Espartano wrote:
> Hi People I'm having a problem with my Alix board model 2d3
> (http://pcengines.ch/alix2d3.htm) , Yesterday I compiled and installed
> NanoBSD into my alix board using FreeBSD 8.2 RELEASE, today when i
> tried to configure network interfaces and pf firewall to do nat over
> the wireless network I got this error and the sistem was rebooted:
>
> zrouter# /etc/rc.d/pf onestart
> Enabling pf

> cpuid = 0; apic id = 00
> fault virtual address   = 0x18
> fault code              = supervisor read, page not present
> instruction pointer     = 0x20:0xc07c50ce
> stack pointer           = 0x28:0xcd1f8a18
> frame pointer           = 0x28:0xcd1f8a38
> code segment            = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
>                         = DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
> processor eflags        = interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
> current process         = 1755 (pfctl)
> trap number             = 12
> panic: page fault
> cpuid = 0
> KDB: stack backtrace:
> #0 0xc072c5b7 at kdb_backtrace+0x47
> #1 0xc06fd457 at panic+0x117
> #2 0xc08f9003 at trap_fatal+0x323
> #3 0xc08f9280 at trap_pfault+0x270
> #4 0xc08f97c5 at trap+0x465
> #5 0xc08e037c at calltrap+0x6
> #6 0xc04d8a25 at pfioctl+0x965
> #7 0xc0681c8a at devfs_ioctl_f+0x10a
> #8 0xc073b6b0 at kern_ioctl+0x280
> #9 0xc073b824 at ioctl+0x134
> #10 0xc07382e9 at syscallenter+0x329
> #11 0xc08f92d4 at syscall+0x34
> #12 0xc08e03e1 at Xint0x80_syscall+0x21
> Uptime: 4m6s
> Cannot dump. Device not defined or unavailable.
> Automatic reboot in 15 seconds - press a key on the console to abort

You need to define a dump device then, so that you may extract the
kernel's crash dump for analysis.

[SNIP]

> Before I updated my Nanobsd image from FreeBSD 8.1 to 8.2 RELEASE my
> alix board worked very well, the big diference between my old nanobsd
> image and my new nanobsd image is that the new one have "option
> VIMAGE" active.

Well, the next logical step would be to comment out the VIMAGE option
and rebuild a kernel don't you think ?

> Could someone help me ?
>
> If there is some another thing that you need to figure out what was
> happen please let me know.

Describe the procedure you followed to update your machine.

It is possible that you did not update correctly, who knows...

> Thanks a lot.
>

> PD: If this is the incorrect list for this item please let me know it.

You're at the right place :)