Date:      Tue, 28 Feb 2012 19:45:02 +0100
From:      Mel Flynn <rflynn@acsalaska.net>
To:        =?UTF-8?B?Im8uwrBbIGtFbG0gXcKwLm8i?= <kelm@bluenode.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: "[lang/perl5.14] Fails on amd64 when WITH_THREADS is enabled"

On 2/28/2012 14:31, o.°[ kElm ]°.o wrote:
> hello
>
> after irc dial with Barnerd and crest
> we find a compilation problem with
>
> "[lang/perl5.12] Fails on amd64 when WITH_THREADS or/and WITH_PTHREADS
> are enabled"
> "[lang/perl5.14] Fails on amd64 when WITH_THREADS or/and WITH_PTHREADS
> are enabled"

Note that if you build like make -j4 all, that will not work. You
shouldn't have to use -j with ports at all, as ports have MAKE_JOBS*
flags in /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk which will by default grab all CPUs
and cores on the system.

The perl ports are specifically marked MAKE_JOBS_UNSAFE, which means
that the perl build system is not equipped for parallel building.

If that was not your error, then please post the error you get. I for
one, cannot reproduce your problem.
--
Mel