Date:      Wed, 25 Apr 2012 15:01:25 +0200
From:      Julien Cigar <jcigar@ulb.ac.be>
Subject:   GPT + gmirror

--------------010408090706040002030909

Hello,

I wondered if there is a way to gmirroring the whole disk (not slices
separately) when using GPT?

GPT puts its metadata at the end of the disk, and when I start to use
gmirror it overwrites the GPT metadata (... as gmirror puts also its
metadata at the end of the disk ...).

I noticed a new option in the newfs manpage:

-r reserved
The size, in sectors, of reserved space at the end of the partiā€
tion specified in special. This space will not be occupied by
the file system; it can be used by other consumers such as
geom(4). Defaults to 0.

I wondered if it could help .. ? Why does it default to 0?

Thanks,
Julien

--------------010408090706040002030909--