Date:      Sat, 26 Mar 2016 08:32:34 -0400
From:      Nikolai Lifanov <lifanov@mail.lifanov.com>
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Cc:        owner-freebsd-arm@freebsd.org, freebsd-arm-request@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Official images without noatime

> Hi,
> agree, in fact I have noatime on / as well. Shall be the default.
>

> Cheers,
>

> ---
> Jos? P?rez
>
> El 2016-03-26 00:38, Bernd Walter escribi?:
>> /boot/msdos has noatime, but / hasn't.
>> Considering SD media I think using noatime per default is a good
>> idea to avoid increased riscs of data loss on power failures.

Since we also default to SU-no-J, power failure can be quite bad during,
say, installworld.
With / noatime, I had my RPI2 lose files like /usr/bin/cmp, /bin/ls, and
/bin/cat during a power loss.
Since it's not even possible to cleanly shut down this platform, I'm for
enabling noatime for / on
at least for RPI and RPI2 platforms.

- Nikolai Lifanov