Date:      Thu, 18 Jan 2001 13:04:10 -0500
From:      Dennis <dennis@etinc.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   stray irq 7

I know we've discussed this before. But I cant believe its a "hardware
problem".

Enabling any ISA interrupt causes the problem.  Rather than the standard "
your hardware is defective", perhaps someone can explain how a masked
interrupt can be generated without being enabled.

It seems as if the masks are being written wrong. By enabling irq 5 I can
cause the problem on demand.

What exactly is the hardware problem..and if you've identified it why is
there no simple workaround after all this time (or is there)?

DB