Date:      Mon, 04 Dec 2000 14:59:51 -0500
From:      Sassinak <sassinak@jfkadatc.net>
To:        Stephen Montgomery-Smith <stephen@math.missouri.edu>, David Malone <dwmalone@maths.tcd.ie>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: (OT) Re: NSFBUFS in kernel config

At 01:19 PM 12/4/00 -0600, Stephen Montgomery-Smith wrote:
>David Malone wrote:
>
> > > *I* am NOT a Sir.
> > > I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one.
>
> > I'm sure it's just someone, who's first language isn't English,
> > trying to be polite. Politeness is valuable in this world.
>
>Yes, in certain parts of America people often address other people
>(especially strangers) at Sir or Ma'am.  As an Englishman living
>in Missouri, I have even adopted it myself.

Okay, my apologies, I didn't mean to start an argument.  It's just that it
doesn't seem to matter what group of (dare I say) geeks I am in... I get
looked at like a piece of fluff (read: arm candy).  There are still a lot
of assumptions about women and computers and it sorta... hrm... pokes an
exposed button when people address a things with Dear Sirs.

Unless and until we adopt Star Trek as our naming model... I would just
appreciate something a lil less gender specific... but that's just me :)

With that said... I think it's time this one went off list before I/we get
flamed for not talking about FreeBSD-stable <grin>

Back to work
Sassinak
aka Angela :)