Date:      Sun, 11 Aug 2002 14:30:09 -0500
From:      Fox <foxbsd@gristle.to>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Headless server

Hello,
I've just installed my first FreeBSD box, using 4.6, and I am very pleased
with it. I have been running it headless, but the only thing I really did
to make it headless was to remove the keyboard and monitor.

I looked through the handbook to see what it had to say about running
headless servers, but I cannot find anything specifically related to it. Is
there a document anywhere that gives a good overview of running and
maintaining a headless FreeBSD server? Other than rerouting the console to
the serial port is there really anything else to do?

Thanks,
Dudley Fox