Date:      Thu, 02 Aug 2001 19:11:25 -0400
From:      Matthew Hagerty <mhagerty@voyager.net>
To:        Scott Mitchell <scott.mitchell@mail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Xircom pccard problem.

At 11:01 PM 8/2/2001 +0100, Scott Mitchell wrote:
>On Wed, Aug 01, 2001 at 05:29:18PM -0400, Matthew Hagerty wrote:
> >
> > Also, does anyone know what happened to the Xircom driver pages and
> mailing
> > list?  They seem to have just gone away...
>
>The driver pages and mailing list archives still exist at
>http://ukug.uk.freebsd.org/~scott/xe_drv/
>
>Unfortunately the machine hosting that site was bitten by the telnetd
>exploit last week and is still under (re)construction :-(
>
>The mailing list was closed down a couple of months back, as it was seeing
>hardly any traffic and there's enough people on this list who are able to
>answer most of the questions that do come up.
>
>I never managed to get support for the older (and weirder) Xircom cards
>(CE2, CEM28, CEM33) to work reliably, mostly because the driver was
>developed on CE3 and REM56 cards and I never got to play with any of the
>others.  Xircom also didn't release the documentation for these older
>cards, so the code to support them is largely educated guesswork :-)
>
>         Scott

I hope the page comes back up soon so I can get as much info as
possible.  Unfortunately I just bought the dongles for that NIC at $18.00
each... :(  Do you think it would be possible to reverse engineer the
Windows driver?  Is there anything I could do to help?  I'm pretty good
with hardware and I'm familiar with assembly and electronics...

Matthew