Date:      Sat, 23 Jun 2001 19:01:42 +0200
From:      Len Conrad <LConrad@Go2France.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   resolv.conf options

>RTFS ;))

"s" man resolv.conf talks about options, but not timeout or retry

>You may use MTA config. E.g. sendmail does control these options with config:

I use only postfix

>If you use another MTA, you can port sendmail's way to implement these

I will ask on the BIND list

>But I suppose better way is to pay much attention to choose and setup
>named. I maintain two mail emitters with moderately high volume of mail;
>with named 8.2.* default for FreeBSD, I need to restart named twice a day
>via cron task, otherwise it hangs in a few days.

>  With >10 requests per
>second which require recursive search, named 8.2.3-release hangs up on
>my systems in a hour or two (it stops to serve requests, doesn't crash).

upgrade to 8.2.4, 8.2.3 had a self-kill bug.

Len

http://MenAndMice.com/DNS-training
http://BIND8NT.MEIway.com : ISC BIND 8.2.4 for NT4 & W2K
http://IMGate.MEIway.com  : Build free, hi-perf, anti-abuse mail gateways