Date:      Fri, 03 Aug 2001 05:54:56 -0300
From:      ":: Patrick Tracanelli ::" <eeviac@fatectq.com.br>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Keeping User Database loaded in Mem

Hello you all;
I want to know if there is a working way to keep FreeBSD's user database
loaded in memory. The reason's for that is very clear, if i keep my spwd.db
loaded the access to it won't be a disk access, so this will speedup any
forms of authentication...

The reason is that i want to avoid SQL databases in some cases where the
system database works better to me. I have calculated that a database
amount of 3000 (+/-) users would need about 7.6MB of memory, what sounds
very good to me...

If there isn't a way to it, yet, that is something i would love to see when
-CURRENT becomes -RELEASE... it's an idea :)

Best Regards
Peace []'z Eksffa