Date:      Thu, 30 May 2002 09:59:25 -0400
From:      Graham Wright <graham.wright@raleigh.hcl.com>
To:        freebsd-small@freebsd.org
Subject:   Pro's and Con's of FreeBSD vs Linux for embedded systems?

Please excuse the obvious newbie question here but I'm trying to understand
what the pro's and con's are of using FreeBSD vs Linux in an embedded
appliance scenario. The marketing people seem to feel that Linux should be
the OS of choice since there is a higher level of consumer acceptance,
while the technical staff feels that FreeBSD is preferable due to it's
superior TCP/IP stack.

Of course, I haven't been able to find any technical comparisons between
the two so I thought I'd ask the experts :-)

Thanks,
Graham