Date:      Tue, 24 Sep 2002 14:51:47 +0200
From:      Jimmy Lantz <jimmy.lantz@lusidor.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Init & ttys(5) file = Keeping script alive?

Hi All,
I have a script that I need to run all the time and restart if it would die.
I've seen that the init in the man at least offers the capabilities to run
and restart scripts.

So now I've been searching the web for a great while for expales of using
the Init as described in man.

"Init can also be used to keep arbitrary daemons running, automatically
restarting them if they die. In this case, the first field in the ttys(5)
file must not reference the path to a configured device node and will be
passed to the daemon as the final argument on its command line. This is
similar to the facility offered in the AT&T System V UNIX /etc/inittab."

Could anyone point me to a howto or supply a example line since neither
handbook nor faq mentions how just how to use getty.

Should I just supply the path to my script or?

Much obliged
Jim.