Date:      Tue, 13 Aug 2002 08:56:18 -0500
From:      Steve Peterson <stevep-hv@zpfe.com>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Need instructions:  build kernel on one machine;  install on another

Hi -- I'm looking for a pointer to instructions on how to take a kernel
built on one machine and install it on another.  I checked the handbook and
the FAQ to no avail, and did some searching of the mailing list that came
up empty.  I've built & installed kernels using "make buildkernel ; make
installkernel", so I'm not a total newbie to kernel building.

If the answer is to go and look at the "installkernel" target in the
makefile, I can handle that, but wanted to check with the list to see if
there's anything I should be paying attention to.

I'd be happy to take whatever I get in terms of instructions and write it
up as a FAQ entry.