Date:      Sun, 16 Mar 2003 18:17:36 +1200
From:      Craig Carey <snowfall@gmx.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Blocking addresses of non-spammers; bug reporting

At 03\03\14 17:05 -0500 Friday, Dan Langille wrote:
 >On Thu, 13 Mar 2003, Julian H. Stacey wrote:
 >
 >> Craig Carey <snowfall@gmx.co.uk>
 >> cross posted verbosely with
 >> > To: freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
 >> > Mr Bresler .... stand down
 >>
 >> Herewith a statement of confidence in JB, & public thanks for his
 >> free time volunteered to spend defending us from spammers & trollers
 >> etc.  I've been with FreeBSD from the start, I've not tried the web
 >> bug reporter (I use send-pr direct), but I've never had any complaint
 >> in the way Jonnathan Bressler performed his postmaster@ role.
 >
 >I've used both the web interface and send-pr.  I have no problem with
 >either.  All my dealings with postmaster@ have been resolved promptly.

The web interface is disabled as you would know I presume.

It's confirmable by browsing to here: http://www.freebsd.org/send-pr.html

The webpage lacks does not give any reasoning whatsoever for that.
Immediately I wondered if Postmaster was involved. The same was not found
by me in the bugs, and www, mailing lists.

--

To provide the grounds of the reasoning for this personal problem can
now be supplied to me by any committer and member of the FreeBSD
by me to get answers from Mr Bresler. The interpretation that has the
best likelihood of accessing data about me from the postmaster is the
interpretation to be taken (I say now).

I sent 6 messages off to Mr Bresler and so far I only got one back
and it checked my e-mail address which was done in October yet the
request was about August 2002. The questions might not have been
understand despite their simplicity and the silence of the postmaster
is not allowing me to see that.

--

I note that a Mr Neil Blakey-Milner was communicating with me privately.
Nothing interesting. I recall him saying he was important and a committer.

No reasoning whatsoever (to mimic a style of a manager of another
*nix project).

---

Can anybody help me here with this question ?.

REQUEST 16 Mar 2002

On what dates did FreeBSD rely upon tips from spammers advancing a
cover story that they were people who suppressed spam ?.

NetBSD and OpenBSD are not blocking my "research@ijs.co.nz" address.

They maybe don't take dud tips.

That situation:

By the way, FreeBSD is not withholding information from me, but
instead Mr Bresler has not communicated to me a decision on whether or not
the information I asked for, would be made available.

So FreeBSD is in the position of not wanting to close this topic.

I will not be praising Mr Bresler myself.

FreeBSD project staff members. No PR person. Normally a PR person
can get the 'no resolution to the dispute' up faster.

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/contributors/staff-who.html

Craig Carey