Date:      Thu, 01 Feb 2018 09:51:14 +0000
From:      "Poul-Henning Kamp" <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-arch@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arch@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Feedback on proposed loader changes

--------
In message <CANCZdfoF4M1k=3DwOzueg0KQk9tRoQT-hO0SrB51wxv=3D-n3ESiUw@mail.g=
mail.com>, Warner Losh writes:

>So I'd like feedback on two questions: Should I kill the forth features I
>oulined above? And should I make the build system build multiple loaders
>with a link controlling the default?

I think you should just move forward and go for the end-stage
without too many temporary bandaids.

The loader is pretty decoupled from everything, so in case anybody
needs any of these Forth cornercases, they can use 11.X loader with
very little, if any, trouble.

-- =

FreeBSD committer       | BSD since 4.3-tahoe    =

Never attribute to malice what can adequately be explained by incompetence=
.