Date:      Wed, 26 Apr 2006 11:46:34 +0200
From:      Thomas Ludwig <tludwig@smr.ch>
To:        Ben Paley <ben@spooty.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, Dominique Goncalves <dominique.goncalves@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: Horrible: Apache corrupting files?

> If the problem is Apache, though, it doesn't explain the other problems I've
> been having, like the corrupted ftp uploads. Perhaps they are unrelated? Or
> perhaps Apache is not the problem?

I recommend checking your hardware.  I had a similar problem with huge
files, although unrelated to Apache.  Files bigger than ~2GB would
*seem* to be corrupted.  I suspect its the hard disk drive, because
lowering the ATA bus speed (atacontrol mode ad0 UDMA33) made this
problem go away (the drive is a SAMSUNG SP1614N TM100-24).  This
problem occurred with different motherboard chipsets and different
versions of FreeBSD (5-stable, 6-PRERELEASE), so I really think it is
the hard disk drive.

Bye,
Thomas