Date:      Tue, 11 Dec 2012 09:56:16 -0500
From:      Karim Fodil-Lemelin <fodillemlinkarim@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Cc:        nodens2099@gmail.com
Subject:   Re: igb and ALTQ in 9.1-rc3

On 11/12/2012 9:15 AM, Ermal Luçi wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 2:05 PM, Barney Cordoba <barney_cordoba@yahoo.com>wrote:

The issue is not only that igb doesn't support if_transmit or if_start
method but that ALTQ isn't multiqueue ready and still uses the IFQ_LOCK
for all of its enqueue/dequeue operations. A simple drop in of
if_transmit is bound to cause race conditions on any multiqueue driver
with ALTQ.

I do have a patch set for this on igb but its ugly and needs more work
although it should get you going. Let me know if your interested I will
clean it up and send it over. For more information on ALTQ discussion
and igb please read this thread:
http://freebsd.1045724.n5.nabble.com/em-igb-if-transmit-drbr-and-ALTQ-td5760338.html

Best regards,

Karim.