Date:      Sun, 26 Feb 2017 09:48:48 +0000 (UTC)
From:      "M. V." <bored_to_death85@yahoo.com>
To:        "freebsd-embedded@freebsd.org" <freebsd-embedded@freebsd.org>
Subject:   problem with Banana PI R1 Network Adapter

Hi guys,

I Tried two different versions of FreeBSD image on Banana PI R1 board (BPI with 5 network ports) But I have same problem with setting up network in both:
https://download.freebsd.org/ftp/releases/arm/armv6/ISO-IMAGES/11.0/FreeBSD-11.0-RELEASE-arm-armv6-BANANAPI.img.xzhttp://download.raspbsd.org/FreeBSD-armv6-12.0-ALLWINNER-310828.img.gz
As I read in board's manual and checked on linux, It supposed to give us one interface that is reachable via either port of device (like a bridge). In installed FreeBSD, It gives me one interface (dwc0) but it gets active only if I plug the cable to Port-2 (connecting cable to any other port will result in interface remaining "no carrier"), and even with port-2 I don't have any ping or connection whatsoever (checking with tcpdump, no packet is getting in or out of device)
Does anyone have any experience with this board to help me?
Thank you.