Date:      Mon, 01 Dec 2014 09:05:32 -0500
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
To:        Dimitry Andric <dim@freebsd.org>
Cc:        svn-src-projects@freebsd.org, src-committers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: svn commit: r275122 - in projects/clang350-import: contrib/ipfilter contrib/llvm/lib/Target/Sparc/AsmParser contrib/llvm/lib/Target/Sparc/Disassembler contrib/llvm/lib/Target/Sparc/InstPrinter cont...

On Wednesday, November 26, 2014 02:36:05 PM Dimitry Andric wrote:
> Author: dim
> Date: Wed Nov 26 14:36:04 2014
> New Revision: 275122
>
> Log:
>   After some horrible wrestling with Subversion's worthless merge
>   implementation, merge ^/head r275078 through r275117.
>
>   Note that all the extraneous mergeinfo is there because Subversion
>   created it.  I'll hopefully be able to remove it again when merging back
>   to head.

To be honest, for merging back to HEAD, I'd probably just do it by hand.
We've been burned in the past by svn thinking it should copy modified
files from the projects branch into HEAD instead of doing a merge thus
losing history in HEAD.  Probably what I would recommend is trying to do
a merge, but reading the diff very carefully to ensure no modified files
are added wholesale and then explicitly remove any mergeinfo before
comitting (assuming you will only do a single merge at the end in which
case the mergeinfo would be useless anyway)

--
John Baldwin