Date:      Tue, 14 Jun 2005 08:43:36 -0700
From:      perikillo <perikillo@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 5.4 X Org Fluebox Keyboard dont respond?

 For some problems with my last installation i decide to install again the=
=20
system, freebsd 5.4 Release,
make the cvsup to update my tree, compile my kernel to add my sound card an=
d=20
other things, install my ports and them upgrade my ports:

test$ cd /usr/ports
test$ make update

The system update my ports. Ok this is only information, because i install=
=20
Xorg from packages, the only thing i didnt install was the "Print Server"=
=20
from the options, them use:

test$ xorgconfig

Setup my X system, every thing was right, write my file. I make the test:

test$ startx

My X system start, but still any answer from the keyboard, my mouse is=20
working good, but the problem is that i cannot shutdown the X system using=
=20
the "Ctrl+Atl+Backspace" because my Kbd is not working, i try to use the=20
mouse menu to shutdown the system but no answer, the last thing to do was=
=20
use the Reset button, is hard to make that decision, but was the only thing=
=20
do. I read again the Xorg log under /var/log/ but i dont see any problems=
=20
with the Kbd or mouse settings.

After that, i decide to make the buildworld, after some hours i finish the=
=20
installworld, builkernel+installkernel,mergemaster, my upgrade process was=
=20
correct, any problems, them i decide to test again with my X system:

test$ startx

Any errors, but the system dont do nothing, any message or errors. Today=20
after work i will try what fisher say using the XDM. Any information about=
=20
this issue will be apreciated. In this moment my system dont have any=20
Desktop system, only Xorg.

Hey Fisher, did you install the xorg from ports or packages..?

Good day to all.