Date:      Thu, 3 Aug 2000 18:20:25 +0200
From:      Gabriel Ambuehl <gabriel_ambuehl@buz.ch>
To:        Chris BeHanna <behanna@zbzoom.net>
Cc:        Nader Turki <nturki@adelphia.net>, jim@jmock.com, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re[4]: Upgrading from 4.1-R to 4.1-S

Hello Chris,

>     /usr/src/UPDATING recommends it because you're going to be
> changing executables and libraries out from under currently-running
> daemons.  This could cause failures in spectacular fashion for any
> executables that dynamically load libraries that may have changed
> since the time the daemon was started.

One problem persists: How should I drop to singleuser mode on
colocated servers? Pretty hard to do without driving to them.

Perhaps some script could do the job, where would I have to place
it in order to get them executed when single user mode is entered (one
just shouldn't forget the exit at the end ;-)?

Best regards,
 Gabriel