Date:      Fri, 13 Sep 2013 15:33:57 +0300
From:      Volodymyr Kostyrko <c.kworr@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   emulators/virtualbox-ose can't work when switching to gcc46

Hello.

Just a tiny background. I'm just experimenting with getting rid of
in-base gcc and using compiler from ports whenever possible. And gcc46
produces much better code then our gcc42.

When I change USE_GCC to yes everything compiles and install perfectly.
But when I try to run VirtualBox I get this:

VirtualBox: Error -610 in supR3HardenedMainInitRuntime!
VirtualBox: dlopen("/usr/local/lib/virtualbox/VBoxRT.so",) failed:
/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version GLIBCXX_3.4.15 required by
/usr/local/lib/virtualbox/VBoxRT.so not found

VirtualBox: Tip! It may help to reinstall VirtualBox.

Substituting /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 with
/usr/local/lib/gcc46/libstdc++.so.6 fixes that and VirtualBox is fully
functional, but this looks like wrong library resolution order or what?
Can this be fixed somewhere in the port or should I brag the guys that
stay behind adopting clang? Or is this rather a problem with gcc port?

--
Sphinx of black quartz, judge my vow.