Date:      Tue, 12 Oct 2021 11:20:11 +0200
From:      Hans Petter Selasky <hps@selasky.org>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>, "freebsd-arch@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arch@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: ifp->if_capabilities needs to grow

Hi John, Konstantin and Gleb,

There are basically three ways to solve the problem with adding TLSRX4
and TLSRX6 capability bits.

1) Konstantin proposes to merge the API to nvlists.

2) John proposes to duplicate XXXCAP into XXXCAP2 to handle the new
capabilities.

3) Gleb proposes to free up existing bits.

Looking at the different proposals I think John has the best one with
regards to MFC'ing. Then we don't change the meaning of any bits, and
the old ifconfig still works as expected.

It's trivial to add a XXXCAP2 to ifconfig from what I can see. It
already modifying bit by bit, so no optimisations in there anyways.

Do we have consensus?

--HPS