Date:      Sat, 14 Dec 2013 08:45:39 +0100
From:      Erik Larsson <catacombae@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Failed install attempt for FreeBSD 10 RC1 powerpc64

Hi all,

I just tried installing FreeBSD 10 RC1 powerpc64 on my PowerMac11,2
(2x2.3 GHz). The disc created from the ISO booted fine, and I was able
to install FreeBSD onto a UFS filesystem on my second hard drive (I
couldn't find an option to install to ZFS), but after a reboot the
system boot setting 'boot-device' in nvram had not changed (it booted
the previous default OS instead).

I fixed the nvram value myself to point at the instealled .elf file and
made another attempt at booting. It loads the .elf file, the screen
flashes into black and then it exits back to openfirmware. Seems to
crash somehow.

Does anybody have an idea what to try next to make the install succeed
and boot?

Best regards,

- Erik