Date:      Tue, 27 Jan 2004 12:48:26 -0700 (MST)
From:      "Kris Gale" <kris-fbsd@asn.net>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Adaptec's raidutil (asr-utils), 2010S and 5.2

If this question is better asked on a different list, just let me know.

I'm using an Adaptec 2010S (0-Channel RAID) with raidutil (part of
ports/sysutils/asr-utils).  On all of my 4.x machines, it works just fine.
 However, I've recently purchased a couple of new servers (all the same
hardware), and decided to give 5.2 a try.  (Actually, I'm running -CURRENT
as of 1/23/04)

In order to get it to run, I had to create a symlink in /dev/ from rasr0
to dptr17.  After doing this, it appears to run properly, but is unable to
get any data off of the Adaptec card.

Did something change in FreeBSD 5 that would have broken this tool?  It
seems like others are making this tool work under 5.1, based on the advice
I found old mailing list posts that suggested making that symlink in
/dev/.  Maybe this problem is specific to the 2010S.

Kris