Date:      Sun, 17 Aug 2014 20:32:22 +0200
From:      olli hauer <ohauer@gmx.de>
To:        perl <perl@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Olli Hauer <ohauer@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Mk/Uses/perl.mk possible regression

Hi,

what is wrong with the following USE(ES)_PERL5 statements?

I have a port installing a packlist and the qa-script complains about the path in the .packlist file.

So I add 'USE_PERL5+=fixpacklist' to the Makefile and lost all perl dependences.

Using only

test 1)
USES=	perl5

$ make -V BUILD_DEPENDS
gmake:/usr/ports/devel/gmake /usr/local/bin/perl5.16.3:/usr/ports/lang/perl5.16

$ make -V RUN_DEPENDS
/usr/local/bin/perl5.16.3:/usr/ports/lang/perl5.16

=> OK

test 2)
USES=		perl5
USE_PERL5+=    fixpacklist

$ make -V BUILD_DEPENDS
gmake:/usr/ports/devel/gmake

$ make -V RUN_DEPENDS
-- nothing

perl dependency is completely gone.

Looking into Mk/Uses/perl5.mk the explanations is

# USE_PERL5  - If set, this port uses perl5 in one or more of the extract,
#              patch, build, install or run phases.  The fixpacklist is
#              needed in some cases, when a .packlist is created, it may
#              reference ${STAGEDIR}

Any hints what's going wrong?

--
olli