Date:      Tue, 30 Dec 2014 23:15:44 +0100
From:      Guido Falsi <madpilot@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Thomas Mueller <mueller6724@bellsouth.net>,  freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: multimedia/libva fails in configure stage, missing file?

On 12/30/14 12:31, Thomas Mueller wrote:
>>> There was
>
>>> configure.ac:166 error: required file './ltmain.sh' not found
>
>>> Something wrong with the port or configure script?
>
>> It's strange, but it's not the error that is blocking the build.
>
>> It's automake which is dieing without reason.
>

>>> I looked and found automake and its dependencies (automake-wrapper, autoconf, indexinfo and perl5.20) all up-to-date, so nothing there to upgrade.
>
>>> Or should I portmaster -f anyway?
>

>> Yes, please try that. Maybe something got confused in one of those ports.
>
>> Guido Falsi <madpilot@FreeBSD.org>
>
> I tried portmaster -f devel/automake, and also devel/libtool, and it made no difference.
>
> Conceivably it could be something with the FreeBSD installation; I could rebuild system, but that might be grasping at straws.

Definitely. I just wanted you to try with automake, since that one was
generating the error. Trying to rebuild libtool was also a good idea.

Unluckily I've been unable to reproduce the failure on my system. Here I
get all the warnings except automake does not die.

Could you test some other port which uses automake? For example
multimedia/libvdpau or textproc/libucl or net-mgmt/collectd5...

Do these work correctly?

I'm not grasping straws, I'm trying to understand why on your system
automake is dieing while it works here. It could be due to some corrupt
file in /usr/local/share/aclocal, for example.

> I notice libva-1.5.0 has been released about 30 hours ago; security/trousers, at 0.3.10 in ports, is at 0.3.13 upstream.hes.

Thanks for the information. I'll update libva in the next few days.

For trousers I don't know much about that port, anyway there is always
some port in need of updating, so you are welcome submitting patches.

> Maybe I need to go through the Porter's Handbook and try the upgrade myself?  Make a directory mystuff for my own updates?  If successful, I could notify this list and/or bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla .

You should submit any patches you create via bugzilla. That's the
official channel.

--
Guido Falsi <madpilot@FreeBSD.org>