Date:      Sat, 21 Mar 2015 01:20:29 -0700
From:      Colin Percival <cperciva@freebsd.org>
To:        Eitan Adler <lists@eitanadler.com>, "Jeremy C. Reed" <reed@reedmedia.net>
Cc:        "freebsd-chat@freebsd.org" <freebsd-chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: higher education scholarships for open source or BSD?

On 03/20/15 17:49, Eitan Adler wrote:
> On 20 March 2015 at 10:50, Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net> wrote:
>> Anyone heard of any university/college scholarships for studies or
>> community involvement related to open source or BSD?
>
> http://www.daemonology.net/blog/2014-09-21-SFU-open-source-software-engagement-award.html

Indeed, I created this because I wanted to contribute to both open source
software and my alma mater, and nothing of the sort existed yet.

If anyone wants to replicate this, I'd suggest following my example of
picking an individual institution -- universities and colleges are always
happy to take your money and they'll help to find students to award the
money to.

I happen to be on the committee which hands out my award, but I don't
participate in the adjudication for obvious reasons; I did however draft
the terms of reference which guide the committee in their deliberations.
I'm happy to discuss this and/or share the terms of reference if anyone
is interested.

--
Colin Percival